Wednesday 2 May 2012

My Beginnings (Pt.2)

Galloping through Middle Earth
It was definitely an exciting adventure and I so loved exploring, looking for those landmarks that I knew existed. Reliving Tolkien and having the saga unfold before me.
The Golden Wood 
After a while I found out you could actually fight for the bad guys. So I dived into Monster play or PvMP thinking that it was going to be a breeze. I created my Reaver, picked up a quest, ventured forth and BAM! I was down. Dead! I didn't even have time to sneeze......and that was my first introduction to PvP. I have to admit, I wasn't much of a reaver, but, hey, I couldn't really compete with all those skilled players out there and most guilds were seriously into raids, so I don't blame them for not taking on a noob. I suppose they wanted people who knew what they were doing. So, as it wasn't much fun dying because it cost quite a bit to repair your armour, I dived back into PvE.

The going was good, but the only drawback is that you have to pay-to-play. I was ok at first, but eventually that subscription just begins to take it's toll. So I decided to try and earn my way by doing deeds to earn points which I would then spend on the store to buy the rest of the expansions, but the grind! Oh the grind! It was tough, very tough.....you needed loads of hours to achieve those deeds and I wasn't prepared to do that. I wanted to have fun and grinding was turning the game into a bore. Such a shame! I had even managed to get my lovely elf to level 65, but by the time I reached Mirkwood I decided I needed a break. So, I hung up my bow and packed my arrows in tissue paper and ventured forth again to see what other MMOs I could discover.
A favourite! I got to kill a Drake!

No comments:

Post a Comment